Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Makeup Starter Kit: The Basics

From watching YouTube and reading other beauty blogs I see a lot of people asking how to start their makeup kit/collection. There are a few things that I think every beginner needs. I think it is best to start out simple and natural, working your way into really wearing makeup.

First you need a foundation type product. For starting out I recommend using a powder foundation. This will give some coverage, it is super easy to apply, and if you have oily skin it will help control that. By using a powder foundation instead of liquid, you can skip the step of having to set your foundation with a powder on top. This simplifies your routine and is better for your skin because it is less product. Honestly foundation isn't even necessary, but for those who wish to use it I think powder is the way to go.

Secondly you need a mascara. I recommend getting a waterproof mascara because you don't have to worry about it smudging. For the longest time and even quite often now, I would only wear foundation and mascara. It helps you get started with makeup but it still looks really natural and is enhancing your natural beauty.

The third thing I recommend is a few small eye shadow palettes. Something that just has 4-6 colors in it that are versatile so you can create two or three different looks. The colors shouldn't be anything crazy, I recommend browns, grays/black, and blues.

And there you have it! That is all you need to start your makeup kit. Nothing fancy or complicated, just a few items that will help you during the learning process. These are three products that are really easy to use and look natural which are two important things when you are just starting out wearing makeup. I hope you enjoy this post and that  it is helpful!

Love Always,
Marlee

No comments:

Post a Comment