Friday, June 21, 2013

E.L.F. Haul! (finally)


I am finally posting my E.L.F. haul! The reason it has taken so long is because I wanted to be able to give a short review on the products I purchased instead of just telling you what they are. I don't have any pictures of swatches so if you would like me to swatch anything or post a more in depth review just let me know in the comments! I have divided the products up by category (eyes, lips, face, brushes) instead of posting a picture of each product so here we go!


These are both of their 144 palettes. I got them for less than half price. The pigmentation of the shadows is very spotty. Some of the colors are actually really pigmented and others are not pigmented at all. I had expected this simply because of the price so I'm not too disappointed. I have not really used the color palette yet other than to swatch some colors but I have been using the natural palette on a daily basis. I use a white cream eyeshadow as a base and that really helps the colors to show up more.


Continuing with eyes, I got the Mineral Eyeshadow Primer and the black liquid eyeliner. I love the primer! It works really well and is super cheap! I had been using an eye concealer as a primer which worked really well but this feels much lighter and nicer on the eyes. I am still deciding how I feel about the eyeliner. The brush is pretty stiff and I am not really used to using liquid eyeliner so it will take a little bit for me to decide how I feel. I can say that it doesn't smudge and comes off pretty easily with makeup remover wipes.


I only got two lip products because I really don't wear anything other than chapstick. I got the Lip exfoliator and a matte lip color stick/pencil. Let me start with the exfoliator. I love this thing! I use it after I shower and it helps me to not get chapped lips. It tastes amazing too! It has a sweet vanilla, brown sugar, cocoa-y flavor. As for the Lip Color I got a nude shade and have only tried it out once. I don't think it is the right color for me and it is a little drying but as is the story for matte shades. The product itself isn't that bad just not my favorite.


For the face I am really pleased with all of the products I got! On top is the mineral face primer and from left to right is the setting spray, blush in Tickled Pink, and the HD powder in Translucent. The primer is amazing! I can use it alone without the setting spray and I can go all day and only have to blot a few times. The setting spray is equally as amazing! I wore it one day and only had to blot once all day. Together these two are a summer staple for keeping my makeup in place! The blush is pretty nice too. It doesn't have the best pigmentation but it is better than a lot of others I have tried. As for the HD powder it is nice too. It gives a very slight white cast but nothing too noticable and it keeps my oil under control better than my Covergirl powder.


Lastly I got the Angled Blush Brush, Brush Shampoo, shadow brush, and blending brush. I love the eyeshadow brushes. I like them about as much as my ecotools brushes but these are much prettier! I have yet to use the brush shampoo but plan to soon. As for the blush brush, I don't really like it. It feels too rough on my skin and instead of picking up the blush it just scrapes it out and doesn't get anything on the brush. I was actually really disappointed with it. I like my ecotools brush much better!

That's it! These are all the products I got from E.L.F.. Overall I am pretty pleased with them with the few exceptions. Like I said if you want any swatches or a better review of a product just let me know!

Love Always,
Marlee

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you got some great stuff. Those 144 palettes are HUGE! What a great range of colours though.

    Nakita x
    nstylebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the colors and even though some aren't very pigmented I think less pigmentation is a great way to start integrating color into your makeup routine without it being super obvious!

      Delete
  2. Those 144 palettes look amaaaazing! Definitely going to look in to getting one of those!
    KJ xo
    www.kathjam.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! And if you get them both online you will be able to get their 11 piece brush set for only $3!

      Delete