Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pamper Evening Essentials


Being a newly wed college student and working part-time is not easy. By the end of the day I am usually super stressed out. My favorite way to relax is with a pamper evening. Most people do these once every week or two, but to be honest I usually do this about twice a week! It is the perfect way for me to relax and unwind before bed.

The first thing I do is light a candle. My current favorite is the Tiki Beach scent from Bath & Body Works. If I had some, I would also light a few unscented candles around the bathroom so that I could turn all the lights off and make it a bit more relaxing. I haven't had a chance yet to go and purchase any of their new summer scents but hopefully I can soon!

After I light my candle, I start running my bath water. My baths tend to change based on my mood, but there are two things I always put in them: baking soda and epsom salt. These two things help draw out all of the toxins in your body which make you feel better overall when you get done. Another ingredient you can add is apple cider vinegar. It also helps detoxify your body. (If I had some at the house I would add it, but I keep forgetting to buy some lol!) Now on to the fun stuff, making the bath smell good! The epsom salt that I use is Lavender scented so sometimes I don't add anything else to my bath. If I am adding other scents I usually go for B&BW Beautiful Day body wash. I would use the bubble bath but I have not seen it yet so I use the body wash and it does just as good! I also sometimes use Carried Away if I'm looking for a different scent. You could also add bath fizzies/melts/bombs or even essential oils to the water to give it a scent.

While the bath water is running I take off my make-up and wash my face. This is a very important step because the heat from the bath opens your pores the same way a shower does. If you leave make-up and dirt on your face then it will just get even deeper into your pores. After washing my face I sometimes like to put on a face mask. Depending on what type of mask you are using you may want to wait until after your bath to put it on because the heat may prevent it from hardening and may even make it melt off while you are in the bath.

Now it is time to get in the bath! As a general rule, you should soak for about 20 minutes minimum for the epsom salts and baking soda to do their job. I tend to soak for around an hour just because it's so relaxing! This is up to you though. When I am soaking I try to keep as much of my body in the water as possible in order to really allow it to detox. It is also important to keep a glass of cold water or tea near by to sip on while you soak. This will keep you from getting dehydrated while detoxing and the coldness will keep your body from over heating in the hot water. While I am in the bath I like to do a number of different things. Sometimes I read a book (I suggest reading from an actual book and not an electronic device in case you drop it) or I watch TV or a movie on my laptop. I will set my laptop on the toilet and watch it from the bath that way it doesn't get wet!

After I am done bathing, sometimes I take a shower. I have dry sensitive skin so if I add bubble bath I have to wash it off afterwards to keep it from irritating my skin. I also wash and condition my hair. Then I move on to skin care. First I take care of my face and put on my toner, eye creams, and moisturizer. I do this first because my pores are still really opened up and I feel like it helps everything work better. Then I put on body lotion. This keeps my skin from drying out because hot water draws all of the moisture from your skin. Lastly I put on some pajamas and usually grab a snack and finish a movie or show before heading to bed.

That's it! My pamper evening routine. I hope you enjoyed this and maybe even try it out yourself! Have a great day!

Love always,
Marlee

No comments:

Post a Comment