Thursday, May 30, 2013

HAUL #1


This is my first haul since starting my blog! I went to Walmart (where I get most of my stuff because I'm broke lol!) to get a different shade of foundation for summer, a cleansing astringent for in the mornings, and a face masque... I think I need to learn how to stick to a list! Everything you see here I got from Walmart except for the face masque. Walmart didn't have any I liked so I went to Sally's Beauty Supply. I will start with the stuff I was planning to buy and then go into all the extras!


This is the masque I got from Sally's. It is supposed to be purifying and revitalizing. It is a bright green color and smells very clean and refreshing. The bottle says "An energizing treat, this unique, gel-clay formula gently lifts away impurities. Smoothing Avocado and anti-oxidant rich Grapefruit extracts nourish and revitalize tired-looking skin." I got this because I have been needing a new face masque. I have one that came with my Michael Todd set but I don't really like it that much. I haven't tried this one out yet but I will review it whenever I do.


The face wash I have been using lately is a gel wash which means I have to actually use water and a wash cloth to wash my face. Even with a head band on I have so many baby hairs that get in the way and get soaked when I do this along with the whole vanity getting wet. This is fine at night because I have more time and I don't have to worry about messing my hair up if I straightened it. In the morning however, I don't have as much time and I do have to worry about my hair. I got this astringent for sensitive skin to use instead of my gel wash in these cases. It claims to remove "oil, dirt and makeup that soap and water leave behind." All you do is put this on a cotton ball or cotton pad and wipe it over your face like you would a toner and it doesn't have to be washed of. I will let you know how this works out for me!


The third thing I went to get is this Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 foundation. I have been using it for a few weeks now in their lightest shade Ivory 805. Now that summer is just around the corner and I have been laying in the tanning bed my skin is obviously darker. So I went back to get the foundation in a darker shade and ended up with Medium Beige 842. It is a lot darker than the Ivory which is fine but I'm worried it might be a little too dark. If this is the case I will use my lighter face powder over the top to lighten it up.

Now onto the extras that sucked me in today!


I don't usually use a blush simply because I didn't have any good ones. I saw this Maybelline Fit Me! blush in medium coral. It is formulated for medium skin (my summer shade) and errs on the pinker side of coral. I am excited to try it out and see if I like it!


I also got this NYC Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder in Pink Cheek Glow (723A). It is a bit brighter and more pink than the Maybelline blush and I am also excited to try it out! I will let you know how they work out for me.


Next I got this Conair Paddle Brush because I needed a bigger one and my old one is getting kind of gross from using it with dry shampoo. I plan to use this for drying and straightening my hair.


I also picked up this mirror. I have been wanting a bigger hand held mirror and when we got back from vacation I realized I left my old small one in my sisters luggage. This seemed like a good enough excuse to finally get a new one.


Last but not least I got this Remington 1 1/2" ceramic curling iron. I have a You Curl wand but right now my hair is too short to use it without burning myself. On top of that the curls I get from it are a little tighter than what I want for a casual look. I got this curling iron because it has a clip making it easier to curl short hair and it has a bigger barrel so the curls will be looser. I am really looking forward to trying it out! If I like it I may do a tutorial on how I curl my hair!

That is all I got during my haul today! After I try some of this stuff out I will make some new posts reviewing them and maybe integrate them into tutorials. I hope you enjoyed this!

Love Always,
Marlee

No comments:

Post a Comment